Robert S. Turk
Robert S. Turk is a Shareholder in the Firm and the Co-Chair of the Labor and Employment Department. He also serves as a member of the Firm's Board of Directors. He practices in the areas of employment litigation, wage and hour representation, supervisory training, employment audits, equal employment opportunity claims, affirmative action, union avoidance, wrongful discharge, employment and union contracts, trade secrets contracts, non-competition agreements, employment policies, drug-free workplace policies and representation of unionized employers in collective bargaining.
Mr. Turk serves as Chair-Elect of the Labor and Employment Law Section of The Florida Bar and as past President of the Academy of Florida Management Attorneys. He is actively involved with the South Florida Hospitality Human Resources Association. He also lectures regularly at the Greater Miami Society for Human Resources’ legal seminars.
- Partners with clients on innovative changes to the workplace and restructuring of workforce.
- Defends employers in federal and state court on claims including: race, sex, national origin, disability, religion, pregnancy, and other protected categories.
- Defends employers in federal and state courts on wage and hour claims (individual and “class action”).
- Defends employers in state and federal courts on breach of contract claims, state discrimination claims, whistleblower and workers’ compensation retaliation.
- Defends employers before federal, state and local administrative enforcement agencies on a full range of employment-related claims .
- Drafts handbook and workplace policies, counsels employers regarding policy implementation.
- Regularly trains supervisors and employees (10,000+ to date) on labor and employment laws and harassment-free workplace issues.
- Advises employers on unions corporate campaigns and on obligations under the National Labor Relations Act, and represents employers before the National Labor Relations Board.
- Negotiates collective bargaining agreements on behalf of employers in the hospitality, healthcare and services industries.
- Song-writer: two “employment-related” song parodies (neither of which has made the pop charts).
- Academy of Florida Management Attorneys, Charter Member,
- The Dave and Mary Alper Jewish Community Center, Member, Board of Directors 2003-2010; President 2011-Present
- The Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section: Member, 1978-Present; Chair-Elect, 2012-2013; Secretary/Treasurer, 2011-Present; Legal Education Director 2010 - 2011; Executive Council, 1987-2001, 2008-2010; Certification Committee, 2000-2003; Co-Chair, Wage and Hour Liaison Committee, 1994-1996; Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s Liaison, Chair 1988-1991
- Employment Law Alliance, Founding Member
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Committee, Member 1978-2009
- Florida International University, Council of 100, Member 1990-2001
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Drug and Crime Prevention Legislative Committee, Chair 1989-1995
- South Florida Hospitality Human Resources Association, Member 2001-Present
- Coconut Grove Playhouse, Member, Board of Trustees 2000-2006
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business – Ranked # 1 in Employment Law, 2004-2012
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Miami Litigation, Labor & Employment Lawyer of the Year, 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America®, selected for inclusion, 2006-2012
- Florida Super Lawyers, selected for inclusion, 2006-2012
- South Florida Legal Guide, "Top Lawyers in Labor and Employment," selected for inclusion, 2010-2012
- South Florida Legal Guide, "Top Lawyers in South Florida," selected for inclusion, 2005-2012
- Florida Trend's Florida Legal Elite, selected for inclusion, 2004-2006; 2010
- South Florida Business Journal Key Partners Awards, Finalist Labor and Employment, 2008
- South Florida Business Journal, "Heavy Hitter in Human Resources," 2004
- Award of Excellence presented by The Florida Bar, Labor and Employment Law Section 1992, 1993 and 2000
- Recipient of The Florida Bar Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Labor and Employment Law Section Continuing Legal Education Program, 1992 and 2001
150 West Flagler Street, Suite 2200
Miami, FL 33130