Ingrid H. Ponce
Ingrid H. Ponce is a Shareholder in the Labor and Employment Department. Ms. Ponce focuses her practice on employment litigation and counseling, including sexual harassment, Title VII, ADA, ADEA, and Whistleblower claims. Ms. Ponce is a frequent speaker on issues such as investigating harassment/discrimination claims, religious discrimination and EEO Compliance.
- Represents clients in jury trials in both state and federal courts, and in appeals before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals and Florida\'s Third District Court of Appeals.
- Representation of clients in collective actions brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Lead counsel of litigation teams that have secured summary judgment victories on behalf of various clients in cases involving claims under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Florida Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Florida Whistleblower Act, and other employment statutes.
- Defense of employers in a variety of employment related lawsuits, including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and other claims arising under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Florida Civil Rights Act, the Florida Whistleblower Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and other federal, state and local employment-related laws and regulations.
- Frequently appears before the EEOC, as well as state and local EEO agencies, to defend clients against charges of discrimination and harassment; experience includes working with in-house legal or personnel departments to prepare position statements and other materials in response to such claims.
- Counsels clients with respect to design and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, and reviews, drafts, and updates policies.
- Conducts company-wide and supervisor training in Spanish and English on a variety of topics, including preventing workplace harassment, EEO compliance, FMLA, ADA, workplace violence, litigation prevention, background checks, and layoffs.
- Labor and Employment Section, American Bar Association, Member
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star, selected for inclusion, 2011–2012
- Order of the Barristers, 1998
150 West Flagler Street, Suite 2200
Miami, FL 33130