Darrin J. Quam
Darrin Quam is a Shareholder in the Litigation Department. Mr. Quam has a broad civil litigation practice at the trial and appellate levels of state and federal courts. He primarily focuses on banking litigation, business torts, land use litigation, contract litigation, creditor’s rights, lender liability, telecommunications, trademark and copyright, dramshop litigation, premises liability, product liability and real estate litigation.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Quam served as a law clerk to the Honorable Anne E. Thompson, Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Lead attorney representing landowners who obtained complete defense judgment following trial in multi-party land use/easement case.
- Lead appellate attorney representing banks which prevailed in defense of lender liability cases.
- Lead attorney representing bank which obtained complete defense judgment following trial in case of first impression regarding employee credit card fraud.
- Lead attorney in successful defense of lender liability claims at trial level and before appellate courts.
- Successful representation of shareholders in voting deadlock and valuation of shares dispute.
- Successful representation of cell tower providers in proceedings against local governments.
- Successful defense of bank against claims arising from electronic funds transfers and alleged investment scheme, which was affirmed on appeal.
- Representation of homeowners’ associations in restrictive covenant cases.
- Lead attorney representing real estate broker who obtained judgment in his favor following trial.
- MacDonald Training Center, Member of the Board of Directors 2004 - Present; Treasurer 2005 – 2011; Chairman 2011 - Present
- Hillsborough House of Hope, Member of the Board of Directors, 2002 - Present
- The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division, Officer, 2001 - 2002
- Order of the Coif
- Georgetown International Environmental Law Review, Editor
401 East Jackson Street
Tampa, FL 33602