Andrew L. Rodman
Andrew Rodman is a Shareholder in the Labor and Employment Department and also serves as a member of the Firm's Board of Directors. He represents and advises clients on a broad range of labor and employment related matters under state and federal law. In particular, Mr. Rodman´s practice focuses on employment law discrimination and harassment, whistleblower and retaliation litigation, overtime and wage and hour litigation, non-compete and trade secret litigation, and employment law counseling on issues such as hiring, discipline, reduction in force and termination, leave and time-off issues, accommodation issues, and drafting of employee handbooks and employment contracts.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Rodman worked as an associate in the New Haven, Connecticut firm Siegel, O’Connor, Schiff & Zangari, and in the Boston, Massachusetts firm Stoneman Chandler & Miller. In each of those firms, Mr. Rodman represented management in all aspects of labor and employment law.
- Defense of employers in state and federal courts and administrative agencies in discrimination, retaliation, harassment, and wage and hour lawsuits brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Florida Civil Rights Act, and other federal, state and local EEO laws and regulations governing the employment relationship.
- Litigation on behalf of clients in matters relating to non-compete, confidentiality and non-solicitation agreements, as well as actions for theft of trade secrets.
- Works with clients in conducting internal investigations of employment discrimination claims and preparing position statements for administrative agencies in response to charges of discrimination and retaliation.
- Conducts internal audits for employers to ensure compliance with state and federal minimum wage and overtime laws.
- Advises clients on day-to-day employment related matters, including drafting and implementing personnel policies and procedures, managing employee discipline and termination, conducting internal investigations, handling plant closings and layoffs, wage and hour practices, employee leave issues, and employee drug testing. Mr. Rodman also conducts training sessions for clients concerning state and federal EEO requirements.
150 West Flagler Street, Suite 2200
Miami, FL 33130